Friday, February 24, 2012

Getting Back To Basics

I've been struggling with my weight over the last few years. Up and down the same 10lbs or so. I feel that it's finally time to get back to basics and get back on track! I've been planing out my meals now for the last week or so, and I wanted to share some recipes that I tried out that are really good and maybe some of my readers will like!

Here is one of the first ones:






It's Hungry Girl's Cheesy Pigs in Bacon Blankies - found in the Hungry Girl 300 under 300 cookbook. I have all of the HG cookbooks and I love them!! I would recommend them to EVERYONE I know. Great to have all the recipes in one place. You can find the books on Amazon.com or another places that sells books usually! Totally worth the money! Check it out!

I made this recipe last night after a LONG Zumba class. I have to say, one of the reasons I love this recipe is that its simple, easy to prepare and cooks fast! Let's not forget that it's SUPER yummy!!

What you'll need for this recipe is:
Baking Sheet
Nonstick Spray
Rolling pin (optional)

Prep: 10 min
Cook time: 15 min
WW PTs+ : 4pts+ per dog

Ok..now on to the recipe!




Cheesy Pigs in Bacon Blankies



Ingredients

1 package Pillsbury Reduced Fat Crescent rolls refrigerated dough
4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese
8 dashes garlic powder, or more to taste
8 hot dogs with about 40 calories and 1g fat or less each
1/4 cup precooked real crumbled bacon
Optional dips: Hellmann's/Best Foods Dijonnaise, Ketchup, Salsa



Directions

Preheat oven to 375

Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray and set aside

Slightly stretch or roll out 1 of the 8 triangle-shaped pieces of dough to make a larger triangle. Evenly spread with half a wedge of cheese, and then sprinkle with a dash of garlic powder. Place hot dog along the base and gently but firmly roll it up. Squeeze the dough gently to ensure it is secure around the hot dog.

Sprinkle 1/2 tablespoon bacon on you work surface and roll the dough-wrapped dog in it, so the bacon sticks to the outside. Press any remaining bacon into the dough. Place on the baking sheet.

Repeat with remaining ingredients, so that you have 8 evenly spaced pigs in a blanket on the sheet.

Bake in the oven until dough is lightly browned, 12-14 min.


Let cool slightly. If you like, dip your dog into one or more of the optional ingredients. Enjoy!



Per Serving (1/8 of recipe, 1 pig in blanket)

164 calories
6.75g fat
877mg sodium
16g carbs
0g fiber
3.5g sugars
10.5g protein









No comments:

Post a Comment