Sunday, April 18, 2010

April Showers….bring May Flowers

So excited for May flowers!!  I was shopping the other day at Randazzo’s and they had the most beautiful tulips there – so I bought a couple bunches – They’re super pretty!

013 006

001

This April has been many things for me.  A time to reflect on what I want in my life and what direction I’m going and how I’m going to achieve all my goals.  I feel good and I feel new.  I’ve been doing great with Weight Watchers the last few weeks.  I’ve got my eating under control and right and it feels wonderful.  Not only is that part going good – but I’ve actually started running again.  Now, I haven’t gone far – just starting off doing 1 mile straight.  But I’m doing it!   Baby steps back into the 13.1 miles that I use to be able to do straight and will once again.  As of last April I haven’t done much running wise.  While doing the Martian Marathon – I tried to run, with not enough training, I injured my knee and I’ve been scared to run since.  All that putting it off made me more afraid to start back up again, afraid that I couldn’t do it anymore and afraid to find that pain.  I’m happy to say that so far so good!  I’ve run a few times now and have absolutely no pain!!  I feel strong and in control and happy – and I haven’t been able to say that in a long time. 

I with out a doubt know that this change in my life has to do with the fact that I have amazing friends and family who are always there for me and the fact that I’ve found a new church that I can call home.  I’ve found my relationship with God again and just being able to talk to him in prayer and lean on him…..surrender all my pain to him has made all the difference.  I am strong and I will move on and I know with Him by my side things will be good!  I have a happy heart!  I’m excited to see what each day brings.

Being in control is AMAZING!  I’ve been planning out all my meals and working hard to keep that going.  This weeks weigh in is going to be great!  I can already tell (and let’s be honest…I’ve been scale hopping!)  By the end of May I’d like to be 10lbs lighter if not more.  Can I do it?  Lets find out.

Isaiah 40:31 -

31 but those who hope in the LORD
       will renew their strength.
       They will soar on wings like eagles;
       they will run and not grow weary,
       they will walk and not be faint.

With Him….I will surely run and not grow weary!

 

Here’s to another great week and more running!

Lo

2 comments:

  1. Keep on the amazing journey you are on! I'm so excited for you! =)

    That's awesome that you're pushing so hard to get back into running. I never had the desire but I need to get active again in general ... perhaps I will have to run after my stolen bike incident!! *grin* ... anyway, thanks for sharing your heart!

    ~Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tulips are just beautiful - How wonderful is it that you chose a way to treat yourself with something that enriched your life with beauty (instead of food). Keep up the amazing roll Lo, you're going to be READY when training season starts!

    ReplyDelete