Sunday, April 11, 2010

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

003

I’m so ready for Spring/Summer – not only for the warmer weather but also for the longer days, and beautiful flowers.  I’ve been slowly buying things for my balcony these past few weeks, to get my little space ready for Summer!  This is such a change from where I use to live.  Before all I heard was the traffic from I-94, and now all I hear is birds chirping and the occasional kid playing.  Listening to the birds is the best thing ever!   I decided I wanted to put out a bird feeder.  I’m not allowed to install things on my balcony, such as drilling/nailing/screwing things into the wood railing or siding.  I searched local hardware stores and such and couldn’t find anything that I could use.  Finally I saw someone here in the complex had a clamp style hook for plants/bird feeders.  Since I couldn’t find anything here like that, I took my search online and finally ended up ordering one at Ace Hardware.  It came in today and I was finally able to hang the feeder!  So far I’ve only seen house finches coming to eat, but I often hear chickadees out there….I can’t wait to see what other kinds of birds come to eat!  Maddie (my dog) and Dutchess (my cat) love that I’m feeding the birds – they sit here and watch.

It’s too cold to plant flowers yet, but I’m seriously counting the days.  The planters I blogged about earlier actually came in and I tried them on the railing for size.  I can’t wait to just plant them with some beautifully colored flowers.  I know pansy’s do well in colder weather – so I bought some at Kroger last time I was there – so that’s a start.

001

002

 

The side table I ordered that matches my little bistro set should be in this week and then I can place that out there as well.  I should stop by my storage unit too and get my gravity lounger to put there there and then on sunny beautiful days such as this I can spend hours outside lounging and reading!

 

Little by little my space is coming together.  I’m excited about it and can’t wait to see it all done and in bloom.

 

I’m spending today just recovering from my 1/2 marathon.  Just a little sore today – but plan to hit the gym early tomorrow morning to do at least a mile on the tread.  Time to get my butt in gear.

 

Well I’m off to enjoy the beautiful day.

 

More soon!

Lo

1 comment:

  1. I love how homey your deck is already. It is going to be a great place to hang out this summer! Oh and congratulations on your 1/2 marathon. What a fun theme.

    ReplyDelete